- 1 Background
- 2 Relationship to #Pizzagate
- 2.1 Connection to Jeffrey Epstein and Peter Mandelson
- 2.2 Connection to Michael Jackson and Greville Janner
- 2.3 Connection to the "Pussy Posse," which is led by Leonardo DiCaprio
- 2.4 Connection to Robert De Niro and, possibly, Ronald Burkle
- 2.5 Connection to Marina Abramovic
- 2.6 (Possible) Connection to Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, George W. Bush
- 3 Needs Integration/Further Investigation
David Blaine (born David Blaine White; April 4, 1973) is an American magician, illusionist and endurance artist. He is best known for his high-profile feats of endurance, and has set and broken several world records.
Penn Jillette called Blaine’s first television special, Street Magic, "the biggest breakthrough (in television magic) done in our lifetime" for changing the perspective of television viewers toward those seeing the trick live. Blaine revolutionized the way magic is shown on television by focusing on spectator reactions. His idea was to turn the camera around on the people watching instead of the performer, to make the audience watch the audience. The New York Times noted that "he's taken a craft that's been around for hundreds of years and done something unique and fresh with it." According to the New York Daily News, "Blaine can lay claim to his own brand of wizardry. The magic he offers operates on an uncommonly personal level."
From Private appearances
He has performed privately for a number of celebrities and world leaders, and performed magic alongside Michael Jackson.
Relationship to #Pizzagate
Connection to Jeffrey Epstein and Peter Mandelson
From the Daily Beast, in an article entitled, The Billionaire Pedophile Who Could Bring Down Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, by Brandy Zadrozny, published on June 30th, 2016, which describes a party sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein, threw in honor of former President Bill Clinton:
Magician David Blaine entertained the “barely clad models” with card tricks, but [Bill] Clinton never appeared.
For more on Donald Trump's ties to Epstein (including the admittedly fabricated allegations against him, referred to in the article), view the following wiki page: Donald Trump
The original New Yorker article referred to was called The Dish on Dinner, by Sarah Bernard & Deborah Schoeneman, published in 2003, and contained a blurb on a house party at Epstein's Upper East side mansion:
- JEFFREY EPSTEIN, Money Manager
- Where: East Side townhouse
- Table seats: 30
- Guest list: Mort Zuckerman, Google co-founder Sergey Brin, David Blaine, Donald Trump, Leslie Wexner of the Limited, disgraced British Cabinet minister Peter Mandelson, Bill Clinton aide Doug Band
- Menu: Private chef, though last month Rocco DiSpirito cooked dinner after Epstein bid $50,000 for his services at a Hamptons charity.
- Make it MY place: Epstein hates restaurants, so he often entertains at home. “The dialogues are so engaging that serving even the most extraordinary food sometimes seems inappropriate, like eating pizza at the ballet,” he says.
- “I had rich shock!” one stunned guest says about Epstein’s house, which the owner claims is the largest private dwelling in the city. At a recent dinner organized by Ghislaine Maxwell, Blaine amused a group of barely clad models with card tricks. Alas, Clinton—around whom the evening had been organized—never showed, though his Secret Service would have appreciated Epstein’s numerous security cameras.
Connection to Michael Jackson and Greville Janner
From the Daily Mail article, Labour peer Lord Janner accused of child sex abuse wrote to Michael Jackson congratulating him on being cleared of molesting a child, by Arthur Martin, published on June 14th, 2015:
The pair[, Janner and Michael Jackson,] met in June 2002 when Janner gave Jackson – accompanied by spoon-bender Uri Geller and US illusionist David Blaine – a tour of the Houses of Parliament.
Connection to the "Pussy Posse," which is led by Leonardo DiCaprio
From the Daily Beast article, Inside Leonardo DiCaprio’s ‘Wolf Pack’: The Pussy Posse Is Back and Bolder Than Ever, by Amy Zimmerman, published on March 3rd, 2016:
Before we had Entourage, we had The Pussy Posse: Lukas Haas, Tobey Maguire, Harmony Korine, David Blaine, Jay Ferguson, Josh Miller, Ethan Suplee, Kevin Connolly, Scott Bloom, Justin Herwick, and occasionally Sara Gilbert—a patchwork quilt of aspiring actors and former child stars.
Connection to Robert De Niro and, possibly, Ronald Burkle
From the New York Daily News article, Robert De Niro ex-lover wedding reunion, published on March 10, 2008:
It was a family affair for Robert De Niro last weekend at the lavish wedding of his son in the Bahamas.
David Blaine entertained other guests, including Harvey Keitel, Chazz Palminteri and Ron Burkle, with card tricks. He and Butter owner Richie Akiva enjoyed a weekend playing poker and blackjack at the Ocean Club and Cain at the Cove.
Connection to Marina Abramovic
Blaine attended the Opening Night Party of "MARINA ABRAMOVIC: THE ARTIST IS PRESENT" at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City on March 9th, 2010:
Blaine was also presumably interviewed for the Marina Abramovic 2012 documentary, Marina Abramovic: The Artist is Present, based on the film's IMDB page where Blaine is listed as a cast member.