Department of Homeland Security
pages combined: Department of Homeland Security & DHS
not to be confused with Department of Human Services (DHS) - (see: Child Protective Services)
Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)?
- 1 Articles
- 2 Role in #Pizzagate
- 3 See Also
- 22Aug2012  - Child Porn, Coke Smuggling,: Hundreds of Department of Homeland Security Employees Arrested Last Year
- April 5, 2006 (source?) Department of Homeland Security official arrested in child sex sting
Role in #Pizzagate
According to the Secretary of State of Georgia, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was directly involved in at least 10 cyberattacks on their office in Atlanta. According to the Georgia Secretary of State, Brian Kemp:
- "The first one happened on Feb. 2, the day after Georgia’s voter registration deadline. The next one took place just days before the SEC primary. Another occurred in May, the day before the general primary, and then two more took place in November, the day before and the day of the presidential election. It makes you wonder if somebody was trying to prove a point."
(see page for links) In October 2008, Follieri pleaded guilty in Manhattan, New York to the charges, and Federal Judge John Koeltl imposed a 4½ year prison sentence. He was released on May 25, 2012, from a federal prison in Pennsylvania. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) deported Follieri to Italy on May 25, 2012, immediately after his release from prison.
(see page for more links) In 2010, ABC News reported on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's apology to Chagoury for his detention at Teterboro airport for over four hours because of inclusion on a no-fly list.
(see page for links) On December 12, 2012 it was reported that the Senator's office had an unpaid intern volunteering who had let his visitor visa expire and who was a registered sex offender. The Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) had been aware of the man as early as October 2012 but according to the Associated Press, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) instructed their Federal agents not to arrest the man until after Election Day. Menendez denied knowing about the allegation of the directive to delay the arrest and only recently learned of the arrest. According to two federal officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case, the intern was arrested in front of his home in New Jersey on December 6, 2012.
- April 5, 2006 Department of Homeland Security Security official arrested in child sex sting
- 2015/12/11  - Feds dismantle massive Deep Web child porn ring
- - "...More than a dozen American men running a Deep Web child pornography website have been arrested and charged as part of one of the largest child exploitation investigations in the history of the Department of Homeland Security. The investigation, dubbed Operation Round Table, involves at least 251 victims, mostly American boys, in 39 states and five countries. One victim was age 4 to 6 while the majority were age 13 to 15..."
- International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children BoD member Dennis Deconcini was appointed to Arizona Board of Regents by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano
- President Donald J. Trump's overall spending for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has increased but cuts out funding for NBACC at Fort Detrick.
- On Wednesday, May 24, 2017, NBACC Communications Director Brian Gaudet confirmed that the DHS had announced its intent to shut down the NBACC lab by September 2018 and ordered all scientific research to end by March 2018.
- The NBACC is managed by the Battelle National Biodefense Institute (BNBI) on behalf of the DHS.