Evelyn de Rothschild
- 1 Background
- 2 Relationship to #Pizzagate
- 2.1 Connection to Lynn Forester de Rothschild
- 2.2 Connection to Clinton Foundation, Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton
- 2.3 Connection to Baron Leon Lambert and (speculative) connection to the Dutroux Affair
- 2.4 Connection to convicted sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein
- 2.5 Connection to Prince Andrew and Peter Mandelson
- 3 See Also
Sir Evelyn Robert Adrian de Rothschild (born 29 August 1931) is a British billionaire financier, and a member of the Rothschild Family.
In 2003, he founded with his wife, Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a holding company, E.L. Rothschild, to manage their investments in The Economist and various enterprises in India.
Throughout his career, Evelyn de Rothschild has been actively involved in a number of other organisations in both the private and public sectors and has held the following business positions: Chairman - The Economist (1972–1989) Chairman - British Merchant Banking & Securities House Association (1985–1989) Deputy Chairman - Milton Keynes Development Corporation (1971–1984) Chairman - United Racecourses (1977–1994) Director - De Beers Consolidated Mines (1977–1994) Director - IBM United Kingdom Holdings Limited (1972–1995)
Evelyn de Rothschild also served as a Director of the newspaper group owned by Lord Beaverbrook. Years later, he served for a time as a Director of Lord Black's Daily Telegraph newspaper. An owner of thoroughbred racehorses, he is a former chairman of United Racecourses.
In 1967 Sir Evelyn created the Eranda Foundation to support social welfare, promote the arts and to encourage research into medicine and education.
Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1989, he serves as Her Majesty's financial adviser. He has been a Governor of the London School of Economics and Political Science as well as an active patron of the arts and supporter of a number of charities. He served as Chairman of the Delegacy of St Mary's Hospital Medical School from 1977 to 1988. He has been a Member of the Council of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, a trustee of the Shakespeare Globe Trust, and in 1998 was appointed Chairman of The Princess Royal Trust for Carers. Sir Evelyn was the founding chairman in 1990 of The European Association for Banking and Financial History in Frankfurt, Germany, a position he held until retiring in 2004. He is a board member of the Snowdon Trust, founded by the Earl of Snowdon, which provides grants and scholarships for students with disabilities.
In 1966, Evelyn de Rothschild married Jeannette Bishop, a niece of Sir Stanley Hooker, the jet-engine engineer. The marriage ended in divorce in 1971. Jeanette Bishop died in 1981 at the age of 41.
He married a second time in 1973 to Victoria Lou Schott (b. 1949), the daughter of Florida property developer Lewis Schott and his wife Marcia W. Schott (née Whitney). The marriage, which ended in 2000 by way of divorce, produced three children:
1. Jessica de Rothschild (b. 1974) - married British journalist, screenwriter, and film director Sacha Gervasi in 2010. 2. Anthony James de Rothschild (b. 1977) - married Danish model and UK TV presenter Tania Strecker in 2006. 3. David Mayer de Rothschild (b. 1978).
On 30 November 2000, Sir Evelyn married the American lawyer and entrepreneur Lynn Forester, who was the head of the Luxembourg-based wireless broadband venture FirstMark Communications Europe and the former wife of Andrew Stein, a New York City political figure who served as the last president of the New York City Council. By this marriage, he has two stepchildren, Benjamin Forester Stein (b. 1985) and John Forester Stein (b. 1988). On the announcement of the marriage, the de Rothschild couple were invited to spend their honeymoon at the White House, where they agreed to stay one night.
Sir Evelyn's family homes include Ascott House, a country estate owned by the National Trust in Buckinghamshire about 46 miles north of London.
He was knighted as a Knight Bachelor in the 1989 New Year Honours List.
Relationship to #Pizzagate
Connection to Lynn Forester de Rothschild
Third and current wife.
Connection to Clinton Foundation, Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton
Connection to Baron Leon Lambert and (speculative) connection to the Dutroux Affair
Speculation exists that Count Yann de Meeus d'Argenteuil identified members of the Belgian Dutroux Affair pedophile ring (for more information, see his page). Among those he listed as part of the ring, was a "Baron Lambert." Several factors indicate the correct "Baron Lambert" he is referring to is Baron Leon Lambert. One factor is that Meeus d'Argenteuil and Leon Lambert appear to be of the same generation.
From The Institute for the Study of Globalization and Covert Politics article, Belgian X-Dossiers: The Accused:
- Another later Baron Leon Lambert was born in 1930. This Lambert has been director of Societe Generale de Banque. As president of Banque Bruxelles Lambert he attended the first meeting of the Trilateral Commission in 1973 and attended in that position until the mid-1980's. Also attended Bilderberg meetings. 2002, David Rockefeller, 'Memoirs', p. 207: "We [Chase; mid 1970s] approached three banks in the Rothschild Group. Since both Evelyn de Rothschild, chairman of L.M. Rothschild, and Leon Lambert, chairman of Banque Lambert (a Rothschild through his mother), were personal friends, I had positive initial conversations with them." President of Compagnie Generale d'Enterprises Electrique which owned about fifty power companies in the late 1980s. Died in 1987.
The "Baron Lambert" referred to could also be Pierre or Phillipe Lambert, but given they're all cousins to the Rothschilds, they would still be strongly connected to Evelyn.
Connection to convicted sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein
The contact information for Evelyn de Rothschild is in Jeffrey Epstein's "Little Black Book."
While many elite show up in the pages of Epstein's book, there are several other names that may suggest a stronger connection between Epstein and Rothschild. Contact information for other members of the Rothschild family appear, including Evelyn's daugther Hannah,. Henry Kissinger - who introduced Lynn to Evelyn also appears. Epstein and Rothschild also have close friends in common, including Prince Andrew and Peter Mandelson - both of whom are in Epstein's book.
Connection to Prince Andrew and Peter Mandelson