- 1 Public life
- 2 Pizzagate findings
- 3 Jorge Puello
- 4 Timeline
- 5 Additional Notes
- 6 Associated locations
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
Laura Silsby founded the New Life Children's Refuge and led the expedition in Haiti. Though she was freed after serving her sentence in Haiti, she also faced legal problems in Idaho  . In early March 2010, her attorney in these cases filed a motion to withdraw as her counsel. Another lawyer who represented Silsby in a child custody case also withdrew as her attorney.
Silsby faced civil lawsuits for fraud, wrongful termination and unpaid wages mostly related to Personal Shopper, an Internet company that she founded in 1999 with James Hammons. Silsby and Hammons worked together at Hewlett-Packard .
Currently, Silsby goes by her married name, Laura Gayler, and works at AlertSense as their VP of Marketing.(archive.is) AlertSense provides a platform for issuing emergency alerts on a large scale. This includes Amber alerts for abducted children. For example in Arizona, Prescott eNews reported, "By broadcasting frequent public alerts, descriptions and other vital information in the crucial first hours after a child abduction, the Arizona AMBER Alert can enlist large numbers of citizens in an effort to recover the child as soon as possible. AMBER Alert notifications are supported by the AlertSense AMBER Alert Web Based System and the Emergency Alert System (EAS)"(archive.is)
The online blog, Zerohedge.com, did a great objective writeup explaining this scandal. It is highly recommended.
Here is the abstract from Zerohedge.com, The Clinton-Silsby Trafficking Scandal And How The Media Attempted To Ignore/Cover It Up, by William Craddick, published on January 25th, 2017:[Archived Version]
Abstract: Contrary to reports in the media, the crowd sourced investigation labeled by some as "Pizzagate" did not begin with internet sleuths digging through the Wikileaks Podesta Files releases looking for pizza parlors and encoded language discussing human trafficking. It began with the shocking discovery that Hillary and [[Bill Clinton]] provided assistance to convicted child trafficker, Laura Silsby, resulting in a reduced sentence for child trafficking. Silsby was arrested at the Haitian border attempting to smuggle 33 children out of Haiti without documentation. Her sentence and charges were reduced after an intervention by [[Bill Clinton]]. In the aftermath of Silsby's arrest, her originally retained lawyer [[Jorge Puello]] was arrested in connection with an international smuggling ring accused of trafficking women and minors from Central America and Haiti. The revelation of this news in November was either ignored by the Western media or attacked by Clinton controlled publications.
Attempt to abduct 33 children from Haiti
Laura Silsby was caught and faced charges in 2010 for trying to abduct 33 children from Haiti, most of whom were not even orphans and had families. Ms. Silsby had claimed she originaly planned to build an orphanage in the Dominican Republic, but authorities in the country said she never submitted an application for this purpose. Silsby's organization instead located to Haiti after the earthquake in February 2010.
Silsby's connections to the Clintons, which go back as far as 2001, may have influenced the outcome of her case. Three days after the arrival of Bill Clinton to Haiti following the earthquake, all charges of kidnapping were dropped against Ms. Silsby.
Connection to Hillary Clinton
Clintons negotiate to significantly lower charges for Laura Silsby
Huma Abedin was constantly forwarding Hillary articles on Silsby's organization and its status leading up to the event: https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/2772
Then Bill Clinton arrived in Haiti three weeks after the earthquake in February 2010 and just days after Laura Silsby and the New Life Children’s Refuge missionaries were arrested. Within one month he managed to convince the Haitian government that there had been no wrong-doing and the charges were dropped from kidnapping to "irregular air travel". All the missionaries were immediately freed aside from Laura Silsby, who then served 4 months in Haitian jail.
Further connections between Laura, the Clintons, and trafficking
An email in Wikileaks was uncovered from the State Department describing the costs to transport children which included religious rhetoric:
UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05766639 Date: 08/31/2015 • For God to guide us to the children He wants us to bring to NLCR and for their physical, emotional and spiritual healing
Cheryl Mills, close attorney to the Clintons, was intimately involved in the press releases surrounding the United States portrayal of Silsby's arrest. Silsby and the New Life Children's Refuge come up many times in the Clinton emails in fact.
Special thanks to Voat user @Look_See_Think
Connection to Max Maccoby and James Achilles Alefantis
- James Achilles Alefantis is friends with Michael Maccoby. Michael's son, Max Maccoby, is a Director of Friends of the Orphans, the charity Laura Silsby was given children from while in Haiti.,  , 
- This same Max Maccoby also represented James Achilles Alefantis and David Brock for an $850,000 blackmail case.
Special thanks to Voat user Sentastixc
- July, 2009 - Laura Silsby and Charisa Coulter visit Dominican Republic and inquired about property in the northwestern village of Gaspar Hernandez, a known pedophile area. (Boston, )
- Nov, 2009 - Bill Clinton was scheduled to visit somebody at the NPH orphanage in Haiti, Friends of the Orphans, which is eventually revealed to be the orphanage that Laura Silsby was given children from. (Robin Forestal, )
- Dec 7, 2009 - Laura Silsby’s $358,500 house gets foreclosed by the bank. (New York Times, )
- Dec 26, 2009 - A group of unknown American visitors visit Friends of the Orphans in Petionville. (Molly Hightower, )
- Jan 8, 2010 - Laura Silsby registers New Life Children's Refuge at Dominican Republic. (OpenCorporates, )
- Jan 13, 2010 - Jennifer Rayno, director of Friends of the Orphans, under-reports that “all 350 children in St. Helene’s orphanage are safe”. (Jennifer Rayno, )
- Coincidentally, this number matches Laura Silsby’s documented mission statement to collect 100 orphans. 
- Jan 15, 2010 - Body of volunteer, Molly Hightower recovered from Fr. Wasson Center in Petionville.
- Jan 22, 2010 - (NLCR) New Life Children's Refuge team flies to Dominican Republic.
- Jan 23, 2010 - Team takes a bus from Santo Domingo into Port-au-Prince, Haiti. (New York Times, )
- Jan 24, 2010 - Laura Silsby meets Ms d’Adesky at Lino Hotel in Santo Domingo, and dismisses warnings about the need documentation. (Anne d’Adesky, )
- Jan 26, 2010 - A director at Friends of the Orphans meets Laura Silsby at the collapsed Fr. Wasson Center in Petionville and loads 40 orphans onto the bus. (Fox News, )
- A concerned citizen catches them in the act and reports to a police officer, who stops them and orders the children to get off the bus. Afterwards, he directs Laura Silsby to the Dominican embassy. (CNN, )
- Jan 27, 2010 - Laura Silsby visits Ouanaminthe and meets with pastor Jean Sainvil to discuss the next plan. (NY Daily News, )
- Jan 28, 2010 - Jean Sainvil approaches villages and convinces parents to hand over their children. (NY Daily News, )
- Jan 29, 2010 - Laura Silsby and missionaries arrested for trying to take 33 children out of Haiti. (Boston, )
- Jan 30, 2010 - Pastor Jean Sainvil hears of Laura Silsby’s arrest, and leaves the country. (Wall Street Journal, )
- Feb, 2010 - Hillary Clinton and staff work with media on press release regarding the (NLCR) New Life Children's Refuge . (Wikileaks, , ) NLCR is brought up several times in Clinton emails. (Wikileaks, )
- Feb 5, 2010 - Bill Clinton flies into Port-au-Prince for the second time since the earthquake, to negotiate a solution. (United Nations (UN) , )
- Feb 7, 2010 - “And I was just amazed to see she was down in Haiti, saying she was trying to save orphans. She never struck me as the do-gooder type,” says neighbor Chris Wentzel. (The Sunday Telegraph, )
- March, 2010 - her attorney in these cases filed a motion to withdraw as her counsel  (name of attorney referencing?)
- 2015 - Silsby married and took the last name Gayler  (source of date of marriage?)
Wikileaks tweeted a link to the article, originally posted by Reddit user, PleadingtheYiff, with the statement Significant, if partisan, find showing how the Clintons supported child stealer Laura Silsby. 
Daily Beast, WikiLeaks’ Latest ‘Find’ Is a Conspiracy Theory From Trump’s Subreddit, by Ben Collins, published on November 4th, 2016.
- Bill Clinton
- Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton
- James Achilles Alefantis
- Max Maccoby
- New Life Children's Refuge (NLCR)