From Pizzagate Wiki
- 27Nov2002  - Portugal's elite linked to paedophile ring - Abuse was reportedly going on at Lisbon orphanage for 20 years
- "...paedophile ring run from a state orphanage gripped Portugal yesterday as it threatened to engulf diplomats, media personalities and senior politicians. Photographs of unnamed senior government officials with young boys from Lisbon's Casa Pia orphanage were among the evidence reportedly available to police after they arrested a former orphanage employee called Carlos Silvino... number of former residents, and the mother of one boy who is still there, have denounced sexual attacks on children... Lisbon's most famous orphanage ... procured boys for a powerful group of clients ... publicly denied the allegations and was expected to repeat that denial at a closed-door bail hearing in Lisbon yesterday...revelations that systematic sexual abuse of children at the home had allegedly been going on for more than 20 years and had been known to police and other authorities...General Ramalho Eanes, was allegedly among those who knew about abuse ...identity of the mysterious group of powerful paedophiles remained a secret ...Former secretary of state for families, Teresa Costa Macedo, said she had sent a dossier containing photographs and testimonies from children to the police 20 years ago but they had done nothing about it...It wasn't just him. He was a procurer of children for well-known people who range from diplomats and politicians to people linked to the media...material sent to the police, which yesterday appeared to have been lost, was damning proof of the activities of the paedophile ring...are photographs, an account of the methods used to spirit children out of the orphanage and testimonies of a number of children...many of the photographs were found at the house of a Portuguese diplomat in the town of Estoril, 20 miles from Lisbon. Four children who had gone missing from the orphanage were discovered at the house...Portuguese police insisted yesterday they had no record of the documents sent to them by Mrs Costa Macedo...target of a campaign of intimidation to make her stop investigating the case...anonymous threats, by phone and post...Belgian and Dutch paedophile groups are reported to have operated in Portugal, with foreigners travelling to the island of Madeira to seek out young children...Investigators from the Swiss-based Innocence in Danger group, which claims children regularly disappear from the poorer streets of Portuguese towns and cities, say they too have been harassed and threatened...orphanage's director and deputy director were sacked on Monday..."
- - General Eanes vs President Eanes?
- - is there a FOIA version in Portugal - can we get that dossier? is she still alive?
- - name of the Portuguege diplomat who had the children locked in his house?
- Investigators or people specifically referenced
- - Carlos Silvino - former orphanage employee (arrested)
- - General Ramalho Eanes - former president (of Portugal?)
- - Teresa Costa Macedo - Former secretary of state for families
- 7Feb2017  - (translated) Judiciary Police makes searches in Lisbon in international operation against child pornography
- "...take place in the region of Greater Lisbon..."